Dear BCC Stakeholders and LicenseesThe Skilled Trades Regulation Rules under 2016 PA 407 will take effect May 3, 2023, and will be posted at Skilled Trades Regulation Rules that same day. Significant changes of note are the following:
· Fee changes for boiler licenses, permits, inspections, and certificates of operation.
· Fees are now required for license verifications and license reprints.
· License renewals submitted 60 days after expiration are subject to a $100 late renewal f ee.
· Examinees must score 75% to successfully pass an examination.
· If a qualifying licensed individual ceases to represent the associated electrical or plumbing contractor, the contractor license will summarily be suspended until another qualified licensed individual represents the contractor.
· Boiler codes are updated to the following editions:
- NBIC 2019.
- ASME boiler and pressure vessel code, 2019.
- ASME B31.1, 2018.
- ASME CSD-1, 2018.
· Exams are now required for each registration to become a code official, inspector, and plan reviewer.
- Exams will be conducted by our third-party vendor, PSI, and we are working with them on an implementation date.
- Once the exams implementation date has been established with PSI, another notification will be provided with details.
Please contact the Boiler Section at email@example.com for questions concerning the boiler code, permits, inspections, and certificates of operation.
Please contact the Licensing Section at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions concerning license exams, renewals, reprints, and verifications.
I want to thank all of you that provided feedback and assisted us with developing these rules. Your time and devotion are greatly appreciated.
Andrew Brisbo, Director
Bureau of Construction Codes