With the success of our newly signed Public Act 68, MIACCA is ready to accomplish another legislative goal for our industry and HVACR contractors.
NOW, we are seeking input from our members on our next topic of focus. We are asking you to provide feedback on which one of these important issues you think we should tackle:
1. Plumbing license exemption for mechanical contractors replacing a residential water heater
2. Electrical license exemption for mechanical contractors installing low voltage HVACR control wiring
3. Allowing for and requiring only a single permit when replacing an existing appliance that involves multiple disciplines (mechanical, electrical, plumbing)
4. Process for initiating a mandatory performance evaluation of an enforcing agency upon receiving multiple written complaints
5. An administrative appeals process to the Board of Boiler Rules for appealing a State Boiler Inspector's notice of violation of a boiler installation.
6. An administrative appeals process for appealing the Bureau of Construction Codes determination that there is insufficient evidence to proceed with a formal complaint of a Skilled Trades Regulation Act violation.
7. Other suggestions you may have.